Saturday, July 17, 2010

Food Intolerance Results!

I collected my food intolerance blood test results the other day and it was very interesting. For the past 3 years I haven't eaten wheat or cereal products because my research had told me that these starchy foods could cause my IBS and then Ankylosing Spondylitis to flare up. My blood test results showed no intolerance to wheat / gluten / other cereals at all but rather a strong intolerance to yeast. So does this mean the IBS issues I would get from bread were from the yeast then? But what about breakfast cereals (which do NOT agree with me), do they have yeast in them? Lots of questions for my nutritionist when I see her tomorrow.

My highest intolerance came up as milk products (including butter and yoghurt). I'm not a big milk fan, but if I can't have yoghurt then how will I get my calcium? I am a big chocolate fan though - does this mean I can't have my beloved Twirl, Crunchie, Guylian Seashells....? Boo hoo!
Other lesser intolerances were okra (ladies' fingers), almonds, lobster, sunflower seeds, eggs and chilis (can't say avoiding chilis will be hard to do). So not too long of a list but yeast and dairy are two pretty huge areas since so many foods include one or both of these ingredients. Let's see what steer Belinda can give me in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment